STRAWBERRY CUP CAKES RECIPE ~ Season of Red is here with Valentine’s Day vibes bringing in the weekend. Here’s something you can try for family, friends and loved ones.
- 2 ½ cups (310g) plain or all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (150g) sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp beetroot powder, or a few drops of vegan-friendly red food dye
- Pinch of salt
- 3 ¼ cups (390g) strawberries, fresh or frozen and stems chopped off
- 1 cup (250mL) any milk of your choice
- ¼ cup oil (light testing oil)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup (180g) cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup (170g)butter
- 1 ½ cup (150g) icing sugar, or more for a firmer frosting
- Beetroot powder and/or freeze-dried strawberry powder, to colour and taste (optional)
- Fresh strawberries to decorate
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a cupcake tray with liners.
- 1. Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined or until there are no more big lumps. If you’re using the food colour , use it with the wet ingredients.
- 2. Blend all the wet ingredients (including the strawberries) in a blender until smooth. Add the strawberry mixture to the dry ingredients and fold until combined.
- 3. Divide the batter between your cupcake liners.
- 4. Bake the cupcakes in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 180°c in a preheated oven or until a skewer can be inserted into a cupcake and it comes out clean. The baking time will depend on the size of your cupcake tray and individual cupcakes.
- 5. Cool the cupcakes in the tray for 5 minutes then cool them on a wire rack. If you eat the cupcakes immediately, they’ll stick a little to the liners (this happens when there’s a lot of fruit in the cake). However, they’ll peel away more easily when they are cool. Serve them and ENJOY!!
That’s it, Hope you loved and enjoyed our quick and simple STRAWBERRY CUP CAKES RECIPE. For more delicious recipies like this visit us regularly at www.hunick.com. See you in another recipe, GOOD BYE!!