SAMBOUSEK RECIPE ~ I know you miss travelling and who doesn’t. You explore new places, new cultures and lots of amazing new food. With that in mind I am trying to bring that experience to our kitchens. Here’s the Mediterranean cousin of our beloved Samosa. You must have relished these Sambouseks occasionally on those Mezze platters you love to feast on. Now you can enjoy them at home too.
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 3/4cup refined flour
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp sugar
- 3tbsp oil
- 1/4cup water
- 150 gram cottage cheese
- 3/4finely chopped fresh parsley/corriander
- 1or 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2tsp pepper
- 2tsp labanese spice powder*
Lebanese Spice Powder:
- 2tsp black pepper corns
- 16 Laung
- 1tsp nutmeg grated
- 1tsp dried ginger powder
- 2tsp sauf
- 1tsp green cardamom
- 1 star anise
- 1 small dalchini stick(cinannmon)
- 1.Mix all ingredients of the dough.Add enough water to makeva firm dough.knead the dough well till smooth and elastic.cover and leave aside for 30 minutes.
- 2. Mix allbingredients of filling and keep aside
- 3. Divide dough into 3 balls and roll into big round and cut round of 2-3″diameter with a cookie cutter.put filling on one side of circle.Fold one end to make semicircles.Press edges with fingers so they stick together.you can use little water to stick the edges.
- 4. Bake at 200℃for 25 minutes till golden brown on both sides.
- 5. While serving you can grill for 3 to 4 minutes in pre heated oven .
- 6. Enjoy with any Mediterranean dip such as hummus or Babaganoush.
- Note labanese spice powder is like indian garam masala. If after the recipe you are left with some extra you can always use it in place of garam masala to avoid any wasting.
HOPE YOU LOVED THIS DELICIOUS AND TASTY SAMBOUSEK RECIPE FOR MORE VISIT WWW.HUNICK.COM AND KEEP SUPORTING US. TRY ONCE AND COMMENT ME HOW WAS IT AND PLEASE SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. AND ALSO COMMENT ME FOR YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE, THANK YOU.