RUM PLUM CAKE RECIPE ~ Inspire yourself for a holiday treat, filled with fruit nuts soaked in rum… an old-fashioned Christmas fruit cake…! Moist, rich, and tasteful Just how you would have wished for your perfect fruit cake Happy Holidays…!
- Condensed milk 180 gram
- Vanilla essence
- Caramel Sauce/Honey 2tbsp (recipe at end)
- Butter (room temperature)/oil (neutral oil without any flavour)
- Rum 1 cup or orange juice for soaking assorted nuts
- Assorted candy fruit of your choice (raisins,black current,dried apricot,cranberries,black current,dried cherries,tutty fruity) 1 cup or less as per your taste.
- Dry nut (chopped walnuts, almonds,cashews) 1/2 cup
- 1. Soak your candy fruits in rum for at least 24 hours and upto as long as you want (even 1 year). Prepare your caramel sauce. (Recipe at the end). If you are soaking in orange juice 2 hours are sufficient else you can mix 1/2cup water and 1/2cup orange juice and put in sauce pan on a low flame and put your candy nuts in it and stir for 5 to 6 minutes till they absorb all liquid.
- 2. Beat condensed milk with hand whisker or beater. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- 3. Add melted butter /oil. Beat to mix well.
- 4. Add caramal sauce or date syrup/honey.
- 5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- 6. Add rum soaked nuts (reserve some for topping) and dry fruits to flour mixture.
- 7. Transfer to a lined round baking tin
- 8. Pour some more rum soaked nuts on top.
- 9. Bake at 160°C for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 10. Insert a tooth pick to check if it comes out clean your plum cake ready.
- 1. Add 2tbsp castor sugar to a sauce pan.
- 2. Put sauce pan on low flame.
- 3. Once it start melting and little brown coloured add 4tbsp water and continously and carefully with a wooden spoon till it gives a smooth texture of brown colour sauce .(as sugar is very hot to handle donot take metal spoon)keep it aside till you prepare your other cake ingredients.
HOPE YOU LOVED THIS TASTY RUM PLUM CAKE RECIPE FOR MORE VISIT WWW.HUNICK.COM AND KEEP SUPORTING.