This is the best red velvet cake you’ll ever have. This classic cake is unbelievably moist, fluffy, flavorful, and perfectly red. It’s the real thing!
- Be sure that all of your ingredients are at room temperature before getting starting.
- Make sure to sift the dry ingredients to remove any lumps of cocoa powder. This will also help to keep the cake soft and light.
- I suggest creaming the butter and sugar together for about 4-5 minutes. Creaming the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy incorporates more air into your cake batter creating a softer, lighter cake.
- Alternate mixing the dry ingredients in three additions with the buttermilk, this will help to prevent over mixing the cake batter.
- Red Velvet Cake:1 box of Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 + 1/4 Cup of Water
- Mirror Cake Glaze:
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup condensed milk
- 2 tablespoon gelatin powder
- 2 cups of white chocolate chips
- Food colouring
Red Velvet Cake:
- Follow instructions on the back of box to produce the base of the cake
- Put baked cake in the fridge
Mirror Cake Glaze:
Bloom gelatin in 1/4 cup water and set aside
Mix water, sugar, and condensed milk into a pot and heat to a boil (low-medium heat)
Once boiling, stir in bloomed gelatin until dissolved
Once gelatin is dissolved, turn heat off and pour in white chocolate – stir until no more clumps
Sift mixture into a large bowl to remove any bubbles + chocolate chunks
Stir in food colouring to liking and let sit until room temperature (around 35 degrees celcius)
Pour over cake