PECAN PIE RECIPE ~ This heavenly delight to the stomach originated from the Southern regions of the USA to which pecan nuts are native, dating back as much as 8000 years ago. It’s makes for a popular food reference in the English literature and is widely enjoyed for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Hope you enjoy it too.
For the crust:
- 100g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 40g raw almonds or more oats
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp unrefined coconut oil/melted butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 or 2 tbsp cold water
- Pecans, chopped 60 gram
- Coconut milk 200 gram
- Almond butter 40 g
- Maple syrup/honey 30 gram
- Brown sugar 30 gram
- Cornflour 1tbsp
- Cinnamon 1tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- 1. Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan/350F
- 2. Make the base by mixing together the oat flour, almond flour and salt. Pour in the melted coconut oil / melted butter and maple syrup and mix until you have a dough consistency.
- 3. Roll out between two pieces of baking paper and transfer into a 6” round loose bottom pie tin.
- 4.Prick with fork to avoid any puffing during baking and bake for 10 minutes. Leave to cool slightly.
- 1. Pour the coconut milk into a saucepan and mix in the cornflour, cinnamon and salt until smooth. Add the sugar, maple /honey and almond butter and cook over a medium heat until the mixture starts to thicken. Take off the heat and add in the chopped pecans.
- 2. Pour the filling into the pastry case and arrange more pecans on top of the pie.
- 3. Bake for 25 minutes, then leave to cool a little before slicing. ENJOY!
If you donot find pecans(thouh its available at amazon) you can make it with walnut also.
HOPE YOU LOVED THIS DELICIOUS AND TASTY PECAN PIE RECIPE FOR MORE VISIT WWW.HUNICK.COM AND KEEP SUPORTING US. TRY ONCE AND COMMENT ME HOW WAS IT AND PLEASE SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. AND ALSO COMMENT ME FOR YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE, THANK YOU.