look no further because a steaming stack of perfectly soft, best fluffy pancakes are right here! weekends will never be the same again. (no buttermilk needed.)
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Assorting toppings such as chocolate syrup, fresh berries, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F (90°C), with a heatproof platter ready to keep cooked pancakes warm in the oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter (or vegetable oil), and egg.
- Pour the dry ingredients to the milk mixture, and stir (do not overmix).
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat, and coat generously with vegetable oil.
- For each pancake, spoon 2 or 3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet. Cook until the surface of pancakes have some bubbles, about 1 minute. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until brown on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to the heatproof platter, cover with foil and keep warm in the oven until serving. Serve warm, with desired topping such as chocolate syrup, fresh berries or banana slices.
For more information you can contact us on our Instagram page:3https://instagram.com/buttercup_._143?igshid=vhtsjwt6nxr6
Other topping ideas you may also consider:
- Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries… – basically any berry make a perfect topping for your pancakes.
- Homemade “Newtella” – to all chocolate lovers out there, make sure you try my homemade chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Almond Hazelnut Praline Paste – so insanely good!! Also perfect on French crepes if you ask me.
- Foolproof Dulce de Leche – a cheat-recipe ready in minutes that works every single time.
You can also add some toppings to the batter directly! Consider using blueberries, chocolate chips, pecan nuts, chopped macadamia nuts… I always add them once the pancakes are in the skillet to make sure they spread evenly in the batter (also they make your pancakes look gorgeous!).