MALAI LADDU ~ There’s an old-world charm in homemade laddoos that is pure gastronomic satisfaction. Try this melt-in-your-mouth malai laddoo for festive occasions or otherwise.
- Milk 1.5 liter/200 gm ready paneer and 500 gm milK
- Lemon juice as required
- Water to dilute lemon juice 1/2 cup
- Sugar 4tbsp
- Pistachio chopped 2tbsp
- Cardamom 1tsp
- Malai (milk topping)/fresh cream 3tbsp(optional)
- Rosewater /kewra water few drops
- Take 1 liter of milk and boil it for making chenna. Once the milk starts boiling switch off the flame and adds lemon juice mixture diluted with water to curdle milk. Stir well.
- Keep strainer in a bowl, keep cheesecloth on a strainer and pour your chenna into it .wash your chenna by pouring some water on it. keep it aside.
- After some time (after 15 minutes)squeeze it properly to dry the chenna. Mash your chenna with your palm or potato masher.
- Take the remaining 500 milk and keep it on high flame to reduce it to 1 cup only.
- Add sugar and stir well to dissolve sugar.
- Put your mashed Chenna in reduced milk. add cardamom powder and cream and cook well for 10 minutes till it is like soft dough consistency.
- Turn off the flame and keep it aside to cool down completely
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
To make this MALAI LADDU I have used freshly made paneer by curdling the whole full-fat milk and made instant khoya from full cream milk powder. Which yields a creamy, soft, moist texture. Alternatively, store-bought paneer and khoya can be used. Just make sure they are fresh & moist.
What is malai laddu?
Malai laddu is a sweet Indian, sweet that is very soft and “melts in the mouth” with the hints of kewda, and cardamom. It is made up of cottage cheese (paneer) and condensed milk and is very quick and easy to make. It is ready in no time without any efforts at all. This SWEET is loved by Lord Shree Ganesh.
ALMOND BUTTER CARAMEL BARS ~ I think I have discovered a near-perfect health bar recipe for you all. This one is full of nutritional goodness, has a delectable taste, and every bite offers a luxury, smooth texture. It is essentially a healthy, dry cake that you can enjoy throughout the day.