BRITANIA STYLE ‘DONUT’ MILK CAKE RECIPE ~ As the season of winter recedes, here’s something delicious to accompany your hot cuppa.
- 1. Refined flour 125 grams
- 2. Milk full cream 1/2kg
- 3. Custard powder 3tbsp or substitute with more flour.
- 4. Sugar 1/2 cup
- 5. Baking powder 1.5 tsp
- 6. Melted butter/oil 40 ml
- 7. Dry cherries/tutti fruity/black raisins
- 1. Prepare your pan (around 7inch any tin,i have used bundit pan)
- 2. Boil milk and simmer till it reduced to 350 gram
- 3. Add sugar once it reduced to 350 gram (left To 3/4 quantity). Stir till sugar dissolves.
- 4. Remove from gas and leave it cool a little.
- 5. Add oil to lukewarm milk
- 6. Sift dry ingredients maida,custard powder,baking powder.
- 7. Add dry cherries/raisins/tutti fruity
- 8. Add dry ingredients to lukewarm milk mixture.
- 9. Combine well and pour in your prepared pan.
- 10. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°c for 45 minutes.
MY VIEW ABOUT CAKE DONUTS
Cake donuts are fun to make and it never ceases to amaze me how good they taste right from the deep fryer. This is when their golden brown crust is nice and crisp, yet the inside of the donut has a very soft, almost cake-like texture (hence the name). And if this were not enough, unlike many things that are deep fried, these cake donuts store really well.
While I often eat them plain (especially when freshly made), they are very good with powdered or cinnamon sugar. And they become extra special when immersed in a chocolate glaze. Of course, colored sprinkles, chocolate jimmies (sprinkles), and / or sliced or flaked coconut are optional. You call it an Old Fashioned Cake Donut. I really like the subtle taste of nutmeg in these donuts, so don’t be tempted to leave it out.
Hope you loved BRITANIA STYLE ‘DONUT’ MILK CAKE RECIPE for more visit us www.hunick.com and share our recipies with necessary ones and with your friends.