BASUNDI RECIPE ~ Basundi is an Indian dessert made from full fat milk, cardamom, sugar and nuts and is served chilled. It is perfect right now as we enter the peak of Indian summers, few months ahead of the festive season. Hope you enjoy this!
- 2 cup milk
- 1/2 tin condensed milk or 3cup milk and 4tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch nutmeg powder
- 1/4tsp illaichi powder
- A pinch saffron
- 1/4cup mixed nuts chopped almond cashews and pistachio.
- 1. Rinse a heavy bottom pan/pan.(This step prevents milk from getting scorched to the bottom of pan)
- 2. Pour milk in pan and bring it to boil.
- 3. Soak saffron in 2tbsp hot milk.
- 4. Boil the milk for 7 to 8 minutes scraping the cream (malai)from sides and add it back to milk.
- 5. Keep stirring to prevent burning.
- 6. Pour condensed milk and continue to boil on medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 7. Keep stirring to prevent milk from getting scorched.
- 8. If you want little thick consistency than you can simmer for little longer.
- 9. Add saffron cardamom powder and chopped nuts.
- 10. Simmer for a minute and switched off.
- 11. Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours
- 12. Garnish with nuts.Serve as a chilled dessert.
Hello there, hope you are all well! It’s been a wild couple of months for all of us. Life tested us intensely as we all were cornered for survival. So many of us have left us and their memories will forever be cherished. There are no easy answers and no easy way out of a crisis. All any of us can do is be there for each other and accept that life must go on. And now with that spirit I decided to resume my experiments with cooking. So here it is!
HOPE YOU LOVED THIS DELICIOUS AND TASTY BASUNDI RECIPE FOR MORE VISIT WWW.HUNICK.COM AND KEEP SUPORTING US. TRY ONCE AND COMMENT ME HOW WAS IT AND PLEASE SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. AND ALSO COMMENT ME FOR YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE, THANK YOU.