Delicious and indulgent, this bread pudding will be your new favourite recipes. Loaded with nutrients and perfect for breakfast, a snack, or dessert!
- 4 slices sandwich bread or 6 slices small bread (whole wheat, brown, multi grain or white bread)without corners
- 1.5 cups whole milk or 375 ml whole milk
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tbsp vanilla custard powder/cornflour+1/2tsp vanilla essence
- For Making Caramel
- 4tbsp sugar
- 1. Cut edges of bread and grind in food processor.
- 2. In a pan, take 1.5 cups milk. Add 4 tbsp sugar. Take half cup water and dilute custard powder/corn starch in it and mix well.Add custard powder mixture in boiling milk and stir constantly.Once milk start boiling add bread crumbs and stir continously .Switch off flame and keep the bread and milk mixture aside.
- 3. In another pan take 4 tbsp sugar .
- 4. Now place this pan on stove top and begin to melt the sugar.
- 5. Using a spoon stir this sugar while the sugar melting. A stage will come when you will see lots of big bubbles in the sugar solution. Keep on stirring so that the sugar does not start burning from the edges.
- 6. Then the solution will start turning brown.
- Keep on stirring to get an even color and caramelization. When the color turns to a golden with small bubbles appearing, the caramel is ready. Pour the ready caramal in a small cake tin and spread it all around. Spoon bread milk mixture in tin in which you had poured your caramal.
- 7. Cover with an aluminium foil and poke holes with a tooth pick in the foil.
- 8. Boil required amount of water in a broad pan in which the pudding tin pan can easily fit. The amount of water to be added depends on the size of the pan.
- 9. Place the pudding pan carefully in the broad pan. Cover with a lid.
- 10. Steam on a medium flame for 25 to 30 minutes till the caramel breadpudding is set.
- 11. You remove the breadpudding when it becomes warm, you won’t be able to get a neat slice, but the pudding with its soft gooey texture taste yum.
- 12. To get neat slices, you will have to refrigerate the bread pudding for a couple of hours and then unmold. You can even serve this pudding once it cools down at room temperature.
- 13. Slice and serve caramel breadpudding once its refrigerated. You can top the pudding with caramel sauce or chocolate sauce.