FIG SPICED MUFFIN ~ Craving something exotic and sweet but should still accompany your chai and touch the Eastern notes of your palate? This one is for you!
- 1½ cups (190 g) all-purpose
- 3 Tbsp (15 g) cacao powder
- 1/2 cup (50 g) brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp (15 g) ground flaxseeds
- 2 tsp (10 g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (3 g) ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 cup (95 g) almond flour
- ½ cup (50 g) raw walnuts chopped or pecans or
- ½ cup (75 g) dried figs, chopped
- ½ cup (75 g) dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup (240 ml)milk of your choice
- ⅓ cup unflavoured (80 ml) oil
- 1. Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- 2. Mix all the dry ingredients.
- 3. Add milk, and oil to the same bowl, and stir until just combined. For decoration, you could save some chopped nuts and fruits to put on top of the muffins before they go into the oven.
- 4.Divide the batter evenly into the wells of the muffin tin, and bake in the oven on the centre rack for 20 – 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of the centre clean. Let cool, and enjoy!😍🤩💞
you can make Almond flour yourself by adding raw almonds to a food processor and blending until you get flour consistency.
What Is the Difference Between Cupcake and Muffin?
Cupcakes are by and large miniature versions of their cake counterparts. This means that depending on the type of cake — chiffon, chocolate — they are made and mixed up according to a cake mixing method. The batter is beaten longer to give a tighter, more even crumb. Cupcake recipes generally have more sugar and fat (butter, oil, or dairy) than muffins and may include ingredients like whipped eggs or even mayo for texture. And yes, cupcakes almost always include frosting.