How many times have you added a @subway cookie to your final order just because its irresistible. Or enjoyed a surprisingly crunchy cookie that is served at your favourite cafe in town? Well now you can bake them in the comforts of your own kitchen and enjoy them for the upcoming #Christmas season. 🍪☕☃️🎄 #HappyWednesday . CAFE STYLE COOKIES
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 4tbsp water
- 150 gram dark chocolate/or per your choice(chopped)
- 3 Tbsp butter/coconut oil(room temperature)
- 100 gram brown sugar/coconut sugar
- 60 gram roasted almonds/roasted cashew coarsely chopped/walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 150 grams all-purpose flour
- Make flax eggs by adding the flaxseeds and water to a small bowl
- Use the double boiler to melt the chocolate and coconut oil /butter mixing until it’s all melted together.
- Add the brown sugar, and mix until well combined.
- Add the soakedflaxseeds, chopped almonds/cashews,vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Add sieved flour and mix lightly with your finger tips and keep aside the dough for 10 to 15 minutes to set well.
- Make balls out of dough and place in a lined baking tray and gently press the dough down to create little disks.Keep little distance between each cookie on the tray as it will spread a little .
- Gently press chopped chocolate or chocolate chips on the shaped cookies.
- Bake at 180°c for 10-12 minutes
- Keep on grill rack to cool completely. Cookies will be crisp from outside and fudgy from inside
Storage and Make Ahead Tips
These Cafe Style Chocolate Chunk Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to five days. The cookie dough can be chilled for up to 3 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer. Store the cookie dough in ready-made cookie dough balls and bake straight from frozen for about 20 minutes.