HERB CHEESE BREAD ~ There are many ways you can play with bread but this all-day versatile snack is one of my most favourites to bake.🥖
- 250 gram refined flour (you can take half atta half maida also)
- 3tsp dried yeast/double the quantity in fresh yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 lukewarm water for yeast +3/4cup lukewarm water for kneading
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2tsp each of dried herb oregano, dry parsley, red chilli flakes.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1/2cup grated cheddar
- 1/2cup mozrella cheese
- 1/4tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp chilli flakes,1/4 tsp salt.
- 1tbsp schezwan sauce or chilli garlic spread or Harissa sauce to spread on your dough (its optional as its for an added flavour)
- Few strips of bell peppers /cherry tomatoes /olives /fresh parsley or basil.
- Mix 1/4 cup lukewarm water yeast and sugar first and allow to rest for 5 minutes till your yeast froths and rise.
- Mix flours with salt and dried herbs in a large bowl. Press a hollow in the centre ,fill in olive oil
- add yeast mixture.
- Add 3/4warm water gradually and start kneading till smooth dough forms.
- (at least 10 minutes)Then cover the dough and leave covered with a kitchen towl or a plate to rest for at least an hour in a warm place.(till it doubles in size)
- While you are waiting for your dough to rise you can prepare your filling
- A. Heat 1tbsp oil,add chopped onion and saute till golden
- B. Add musrooms and saute for 2 to 3 minutes on high flame.Mix salt oregano,chilli flakes. Add cheese.Keep aside to cool.
- When your dough rise punch it and roll it in rectangular shape,length according to the size of your loaf tin (mine was 9″×5″)
- Spread sauce of your choice and then filling over it.roll it tightly from both sides to fit in your loaf pan.
- Arrange your toppings.
- Keep again for 15 to 20 minutes for final proving.
- Bake at 220℃ for 20 to 25 minutes
- Remove on a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Cut into slices and enjoy.
You can store your remaining bread in refrigerator and cut into 1″ thick slice with bread knife. Place on a paper napkin and microwave at medium for 30 seconds to 1 minute.