ALMOND BUTTER CARAMEL BARS ~ I think I have discovered a near-perfect health bar recipe for you all. This one is full of nutritional goodness, has a delectable taste, and every bite offers a luxury, smooth texture. It is essentially a healthy, dry cake that you can enjoy throughout the day. I really want you all to try this one for sure. #HappyWednesday
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4cup almond butter
- 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates pitted
- 1/2tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup hot water
2tbsp coconut milk/butter/cream
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- Prepare the base by mashing bananas well with a fork. Add all base ingredients and mix well. Press down into a lined 6″×6″ tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- .Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Prepare date caramel by blending dates, almond butter and hot water until smooth. Spread on top of the base.
- Melt chocolate and coconut milk over a small pan of boiling water and pour over the bars. Chill in the fridge until set around 30 minutes.
About the Recipe
Speaking of problems and solutions, here’s one for you. Problem: I want to eat candy for breakfast, but I also want to be a respectable adult. Solution: Salted Caramel Granola Bars. Superlatives give me hives, so believe me when I tell you these are the best granola bars I’ve ever eaten. Chris and I have made and devoured several batches of Nutrition Stripped’s raw caramel and I thought I could tweak it a little bit to make it a good glue for a granola bar recipe. I reduced the amount of oil to make it stickier and took out the honey to make it vegan-friendly. These granola bars are a little bit like Payday candy bars if Payday candy bars were made with dates and almond butter and maple syrup. They’re chewy, gooey, nutty, and packed with caramel flavor.
I’ve made these with almonds, chia and hemp seeds, and I’ve also made them with raw cashews and sunflower seeds—we loved them both ways. Any nuts you have on hand will work in this recipe and if you’d like to add in chocolate chips or dried fruit, that will work too. As long as you keep the proportions the same, you will have no regretz.