OATS COOKIES SANDWICH ~ If you like Oreos and hobnobs then you are gonna love these. Made with the tastiest and healthiest of ingredients, this one is going to be a winner amongst kids and adults alike.
- For 24 cookies to give 12 sandwich cookies.
- Oats flour 1 cup
- Brown rice flour /white rice flour /almond flour 3/4cup
- brown sugar 4tbsp
- salt a pinch
- baking powder 1tsp
- maple syrup/honey 1/4cup
- Melted coconut oil/butter 1/4cup
- milk of choice 2tbsp — 3tbsp
- Vanilla 1tsp
- Milk/dark chocolate 100 gram
- maple syrup 2tbsp (optional if you want more sweetener or using dark chocolate)
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1tbsp butter
1. In a large bowl, mix both the flours sugar, baking powder, and salt
2. Pour in the melted coconut oil/butter, maple syrup/honey, milk, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
Chill in the fridge for 15 to 30 minutes so you can roll easily.
3. Take out your chilled dough from fridge
4. Roll out between two pieces of parchment paper to a thickness of about 1/4 inch.
5. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out the cookies.
Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 180℃/ 350°F Baking time will also depend on the size and thickness of your cookies.
Leave to cool completely.
1. Melt chocolate with butter in double boiler or microwave.
2. Add the milk to make it a little thin so you can spread on cookies easily and maple syrup if you want on the sweeter side and mix to combine.
3. Chill in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to if it looks little thin to you
Assembling the cookies:
Spoon the filling into a piping bag and pipe a layer onto your baked cookies or you can spread it with a butter knife. Press with another cookie as you do in your sandwich.